Thursday, July 17, 2008

Update

Let's start this blog off with an update. After our Golden Retriever died I decided to take a week or two before starting up the job search again so I can spend extra time with our other two dogs. I looked online a little bit today for a job and even talked to an employment agency. I'll really hit the ground running next week.

This weekend Chris and I are going to a friend's place on the lake. We went a few weeks ago with a bunch of his coworkers and they decided to do it again this week. I can't wait!!

I entered a contest that Myspace Decision08 is doing. People submit videos and they pick the top 5 and then Myspace users vote and pick the top 2. The winners get to go to the Democrat and Republican Conventions and cover them for Myspace. View my video here.

*Just added* I just gave Katie a bath. When she stayed with my parents for 3 weeks Mom used one of her old hairbrushes on Katie and she said Katie LOVED it so she gave it to me. I just brushed her hair and she sits there so calmly and let's me brush her. Then I brushed Allie and then they were shoving each other to be the one who gets brushed. Katie is so fluffy now!!! :)

I just added some new songs to my playlist. Check them out!!

RAVE

We rented the movie Vantage Point this weekend. I was skeptical about it but within the first 5 minutes my mind changed. There wasn't a dull moment in the movie. The story is the President gets shot and the movie keeps rewinding and showing the event from other people's viewpoints. Each time you find out something new about the shooting. It was the best movie I've seen in a few months.

RANT

A friend and I went to On The Border for dinner tonight. After we ate and payed we were sitting there talking when all of a sudden something bounced off of the half wall behind me and landed in my friend's food. It was a wooden golf tee. We looked around and there was a group of about 6-7 men in their 30's-40's next to us. One of them looked at us and said, "did someone through something at you?" My friend showed him what was thrown. The guy said that he threw it. We were glaring at him and I asked my friend if she wanted to leave and she answered quickly that she did. When we got up I was still glaring and the guy said, "one of them looks p*****". I wanted to go back and say, "you darn right I'm mad!!!" When we were walking through the resturant we saw someone with a dog. A DOG IN ON THE BORDER!!! It looked like a Cocker Spaniel or something. I told my friend "I didn't realize that it was Bring Your Dog to Dinner Day or else I would have brought mine with me".

What is up with people? Some days I am naive and think that people will outgrow immaturity and then there are times like tonight with the guy throwing stuff at young women that makes me realize that once you are an immature jerk, you will always be an immature jerk.

1 comment:

Jenny M said...

Thank you for your compliment! I am sorry to read about your dog... my dogs are my children so I totally understand! You are more than welcome to come to the show tonight at Caffe Tazza!