Saturday, May 24, 2008

Me and You

RAVE

I'll post again about this topic after our anniversary. This Wednesday, May 28, Chris and I will be celebrating 2 wonderful years together. It has been the best two years of my life. Here's a little background info.

We met 3 1/2 years before we started dating. I was a college freshman and he was a college senior. I met him one night at the United Campus Ministries and I developed a crush on him that night. We became quick friends and we started meeting everyday at 4:30 to do to dinner together at the cafeteria. One of my most vivid memories of us before dating was one day the first Smallville soundtrack came out (I LOVE Smallville!!). I wanted to get that soundtrack the day it came out, even though there was ice on the roads. I asked Chris to go with me because I was kinda scared about driving on the ice. I have no idea why, but I drove my SUV instead of letting him drive. We went to Wal-Mart, got the soundtrack and on the way back I was getting ready to turn into a parking spot when I started sliding on the ice. I freaked out, but I got control of the car and we arrived safely. Chris thought I was nuts for going out for a cd, but he usually thinks things I do are nuts. :)

Ok, fast forward to 2 years ago. We started dating during Memorial Day weekend. We went camping with a couple of his cousins and one of their dates. One night he insisted on roasting me a marshmellow. Well, he kept buring them or they would drop in the fire. I told him he didn't have to do that, but he was determined to. He finally got one just the way I like it. He sat down and put his arm around me. The time seemed right so I asked him if I could kiss him. He said yes and then leaned over and kissed me. We've been a couple ever since.

I still had one more year left of college and he had one more year of medical school. I went to college 2 hours from where he lived, but my parents live 30 minutes away. I went home most weekends and we hung out.

Chris and I graduated from our schools a week apart. He graduated first. I went to both of the ceremonies. I was so proud of him!! A week later I graduated from college and he came and saw me. I still had a couple of summer classes to take, so I moved back home with my parents and took one of the classes online and drove back to college twice a week for the other.

In June, Chris moved to Texas to start his intern year of residency. We were now 5 hours apart. I missed him like crazy. After a lot of talking we decided that in August after I completed my classes, I would move to Texas to be with him. It was hard to leave my family, but I figured right after finishing college would be the best time to start an adventure in my life. So I moved.

Chris had one dog, a Golden Retriever. Dolly is the love of his life. I think he would get rid of me before getting rid of Dolly. ;) Chris had been working alot and Dolly was lonely so he wanted to get her a playmate. The day after I moved down he went and bought me and Dolly a dog, a Sheltie named Katie. Well, Katie isn't as active as Chris would have like so in January we got a Collie puppy that I named Allie. Even as a small puppy she thought she could kick the butt of an 80 lb. dog!! Poor Allie, she tries and tries.

After being in Texas a couple of months I got a job at a law firm. 4 months later I quit due to lots of things happening and then a comment that was made to me by a coworker (not going to go into specifics here). I got a new job 3 weeks ago and I really like it. Chris has been working like crazy since this is his intern year of residency. His second year starts in 5 weeks and he won't be working near as much. We won't be spending our anniversary together because Chris is working. :(

I have ordered Chris something cool online and it will be delivered this week. I've also got a couple of tricks up my sleeve. ;) I'll post more after the anniversay.

Here are some pics.



Update to come later.
RANT

My cell phone has quit working. When I try to call someone or someone calls me, the phone sounds dead. The person on the other line can hear everything I say, but I can't hear them. Since my contract ends in December, my parent sent me my Go Phone that I used in college. If you put your SIM card in it, it works fine. I can't use my cool ringtones that I had downloaded and I even made a couple of awesome ringtones that I can't use.

2 comments:

engelsigh said...

Congratulations on your anniversary. You guys are a cute couple.

And I hate cell phones too. Just had to replace mine and lost probably $50 worth of ringtones that I had built up over the last few years.

engelsigh said...

Thanks for the suggestions! I've seen some of the wings at Halloween but I want something with some real oomph too it, if you know what I mean. The wings are more important to me than the dress. I've been looking at Renaissance Festivals and costume shops and online. Im going to Fairy Fest in Phoenix this year so I may be able to find something there. If not I will just have to learn to make them.

And I didn't know you guys were sisters. That's cool!